Childbirth Education &
Becoming a parent, whether for the first time, second time or tenth time, can be a daunting task with many questions and uncertainties. As a Lamaze certified childbirth educator, Jamie is committed to equipping families with relevant tools, techniques and information to thrive during the day-to-day and for a lifetime.
Pregnancy & Childbirth
Lamaze offers not only a methodology to prepare for childbirth and baby’s arrival but also emphasizes a mindset to intuitively interact with the whole process of pregnancy, childbirth and parenting. The Lamaze Healthy Birth Practices are based on years of research to help simplify the birth process with an informed approach. These six healthy birth practices help alleviate fears and manage pain. Regardless of baby’s size, length of labor, complexities or confidence level, these care practices will help keep labor and baby's birth as safe and healthy as possible.
The Lamaze Six Healthy Birth Practices
- Healthy Birth Practice 1: Let labor begin on its own
- Healthy Birth Practice 2: Walk, move around and change positions throughout labor
- Healthy Birth Practice 3: Bring a loved one, friend or doula for continuous support
- Healthy Birth Practice 4: Avoid interventions that are not medically necessary
- Healthy Birth Practice 5: Avoid giving birth on your back and follow your body's urges to push
- Healthy Birth Practice 6: Keep mother and baby together - It's best for mother, baby and breastfeeding
For additional information and resources on
healthy pregnancy and childbirth, visit www.lamaze.org.
After Baby Arrives
It takes a village! Families do NOT have to feel alone in figuring it all out. Here are some resources to help the parenting process:
La Leche League
Penn Parenting Resource Center
Helping Families Thrive
Jamie is a member of the Penn Parenting Team (part of the University of Pennsylvania).
To learn more about Penn Parenting classes and schedule CLICK HERE.
To inquire about private childbirth classes with jamie, contact Jamie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-915-5217.